- This event has passed.
Essential Soft Skills for the Complete Sales Professional (multiple sessions)
August 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - August 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
VIDEO CONFERENCING 101
Prepare · Perform · Lead
The New Normal requires employers and employees to adapt to new ways of doing business in order to maintain their level of achieved success. Survival of the fittest, to quote Darwin, dictates that we take a fresh look at skill sets not previously in focus: self-management, personality agility, and overall communication skills, to name a few. Establishing “mental fitness” if you will, is now the name of the game.
Although many of us remain physically isolated, video conferencing for happy hours or professional purposes helps us find connection; however, these virtual calls often come bundled with feelings of unexpected frustration. It is surprisingly common to feel unheard, misunderstood, ineffective, and even bored while on web-based meetings. Negative emotions of frustration or self-doubt usually lead to reduced productivity, strained relationships with clients and co-workers, and the overall feeling of dissatisfaction for your job, which, as we know, can quickly trickle into our personal lives.
In this multi-series web-based learning experience, David Marcotte, CEO of Marcotte Coaching, LLC, will share with you the new essential soft skills required for individual and team success in a modern world. David has over 15 years of experience in coaching soft skills to professionals around the globe, including continued coaching of Acumatica employees in a partnership that began in 2015. Together, we will discover how to improve the results of your sales calls, team meetings, and overall job satisfaction.
This three-part web-based learning series will focus on preparing, performing, and leading video calls. Each online session is a two-hour guided and interactive discussion and builds on the prior sessions of the series.
Session 1 – Set the Stage: Prepare Yourself and Your Web-based Meeting Environment
Prepare properly to perform optimally. Your audience deserves the best experience, but more importantly, in a world of closing deals virtually, your audience requires it. Mastering your content isn’t enough. Overlooked and tricky realities are at play when on a web-based call. Preparing for these challenges will help you transform your meeting outcomes for the better. Learn how to think like a movie director to ensure your audience experiences you and your information effectively.
- Frame the perfect shot by understanding camera, lighting, background, and wardrobe
- Be heard like a pro with sound microphone advice
- Keep your audience organized and involved with expectation management techniques
- Optimize your prep time for better performance results
- Turn your performance anxiety into positive, useful energy
SESSION 1 OPTIONS: (All times are EDT)
- Monday, August 10 11am-1pm
- Monday, August 10 2pm-4pm
- Tuesday, August 11 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 11 2pm-4pm
- Tuesday, August 18 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 18 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Perform Effectively in a Remote Environment
If only the ability to talk was enough to be understood, believed, and respected. In this session, we will discover the time-honored performance techniques that will allow you to approach any sales call or team meeting with confidence. You will leave this session with a rehearsal and performance system, so that you make your mark when participating in or leading a virtual meeting.
- Improve overall self-awareness for more effective communication
- Use your feet, hands, and face to your advantage, even if they can’t be seen!
- Make the most of your voice with vocal awareness techniques
- Learn how to make your information stick in the minds of your audience
SESSION 2 OPTIONS: (All times are EDT)
- Wednesday, August 12 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, August 12 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, August 19 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, August 19 2pm-4pm
- Tuesday, August 25 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 25 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Master the Skill of Leading a Virtual Call
How many times have you seen a competent presenter get derailed because the audience unintentionally causes a myriad of unexpected obstacles? While leading a virtual call, the unexpected is expected. Mastering the art of leading the call can help to reduce the risk of meeting derailment. In this session, we will discuss how to set expectations, listen actively, manage the dreaded Q&A, optimize your PowerPoint deck, and ensure everyone on your call feels heard and valued.
- Build a masterful introduction
- Optimize your slide deck
- Navigate meeting transitions
- Listen actively using verbal and non-verbal cues
- Manage Q&A gracefully
SESSION 3 OPTIONS: (All times are EDT)
- Thursday, August 20 11am-1pm
- Thursday, August 20 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, August 26 2pm-4pm
- Thursday, August 27 11am-1pm
- Thursday, August 27 2pm-4pm
- Friday, August 28 11am-1pm
Single Session Price: $125 (per session) // Package Rate: $300 (for all 3-sessions)
Please contact Julian Schrenzel at email@example.com with any scheduling or content questions or concerns.Register